Choosing the right provider is important when considering space, cost and purpose of services.
The Onsite Health team is comprised of Registered Massage Therapists and Certified Massage Practitioners, all screened extensively for their professionalism and skill and insured for liability.
Registered Massage Therapist (RMT)
- RMT’s have received extensive training in the treatment and rehabilitation of muscular complaints.
- They can easily provide relaxation/in-chair type sessions, but their expertise is treatments oriented massage provided on table.
- Registered Massage Therapists are licenced and regulated by provincial government health standards.
- Most extended health policies provide coverage for massage therapy.
Certified Massage Practitioner (CMP)
- CMP’s have received very specialized training in chair massage.
- Ideal for special events or busy work environments where recipients are receiving 10-15 minute sessions for the purpose of general relaxation.
- Certified Massage Practitioners have successfully completed their training from recognized institutions offering professional relaxation chair massage programming.
- They are not covered by most extended health plans, however their rates are lower than Registered Massage Therapists and therefore an ideal choice if the company will be paying for services on behalf of their employees or when there is no or low extended health coverage for massage.